- Go to your Pressbooks dashboard.
- Click "Export" on the menu at left.
- Select the formats you would like files to export in. Choices will default to standard book formats: EPUB and print or digital PDF. (These formats are designed for the most popular ebookstores as well as print and print-on-demand publishing and will serve the needs of most authors.)
- If you need them, Pressbooks also has some more sophisticated output options. Pressbooks' "exotic" book file formats include XML, Hpub and XHTML. Select these if they apply.
- Click the button that says "Export Your Book."
- Wait until the files are generated.... and under Latest Export you'll see your most recent files.
- Download your exported files by clicking on the down arrow on each of your most recent exported files (or right-click, save as)
- Export a new set of files
- Download those new files
Need to make a change? You can re-export your book at any time by repeating the steps above. (Exports are free and unlimited, even if you have not upgraded.) This is particularly helpful if you'd like to test your files in ebook previewers or print copies for offline reading and editing. (However, your book file will contain the Pressbooks promotional watermark on pages until you upgrade.) Pressbooks saves the last five batches of exported files.
To learn more, see:
PDF Export Options: http://guide.pressbooks.com/chapter/pdf-export-options/
EPUB Export Options: http://guide.pressbooks.com/chapter/exporting-an-ebook-file-epub/