With Pressbooks you can easily change the design/appearance (called "Themes") of your book with the push of a button. This article will tell you about:
- How (and why) to use different Themes to style your ebook and your PDF for print
- How to change your Theme Options
- How to change your Pressbook Theme
How and Why to Change Your Theme
All books are wonderful things, but all books are not created equal. A hard-boiled crime novel is not the same thing as a heart-warming memoir, or a serious piece of academic writing. And for different books, you want different styles (or designs, or templates, or, as we call them, themes). Pressbooks has more than 20 themes to choose from, with styles for all kinds of books.
Here's how you can change your theme to suit your book:
- Go to your Pressbooks dashboard
- Click on "Appearance" in the left-side menu
- Then, click "Themes"
- Peruse the dozens of themes–with book layouts ideal for every genre, from literature, sci-fi, fiction, nonfiction, academia and more
- Click on a theme to see a larger preview and Theme details (NOTE: the preview displayed is of the PDF. Web and ebook may differ slightly)
- To apply the theme, click on "Activate" at the bottom of the window
- Once your theme is activated, try exporting your book to see how it looks
Looking for more detailed information? Check out this video.